It is just unbelievable to me that 2014 is almost over! I’ve heard since I was younger that as you get older, the years go by faster, but speed at which time passes is way too fast. I haven’t accomplished as many goals as I have wanted from my 101 Goals in 1001 Days list I made in the summer, but slow progress is still progress. I check the list every month and see what activities I can do or goals I can accomplish for the season or time of year. Since my last update, I’ve accomplished 6 more goals for a total of 10 out of 101. Seems like a little, but it ends in 2017 and I’m almost 10 percent done!
32. INVEST IN A GOOD QUALITY CAMERA. I was gifted a Sony NEX-5TL which is a compact camera with interchangeable lenses. A good starter camera before I invest in a heavy duty DSLR, but a huge upgrade from my iPhone camera.
35. GET AN ARTICLE PUBLISHED ONLINE. I was interning at a food website during the fall and it was so much fun researching and creating these posts dedicated to food! I have a few online clips, but this Christmas cookie post was one of my favorites.
59. GO TO A NEW YORK SPORTS GAME. I went to a Yankees game in September and it was an awesome experience enjoying America’s pastime in the last weeks of summer.
69. VISIT THREE NEW CITIES. I visited Buffalo, NY in October with my boyfriend which means two more cities before crossing this one off. Having this goal motivates me to travel to more places, even if it is a few hours away.
78. INVEST IN A CLASSIC HANDBAG. A classic structured black bag is an essential in every girl’s wardrobe.
84. GO TO A DRIVE-IN MOVIE THEATER. I accomplished this in Buffalo. It was a cold night, but sitting in the car watching Guardians of the Galaxy was super cozy and romantic.
90. SEE AN NBA GAME. I really enjoy watching basketball, so watching my favorite team, the San Antonio Spurs, play against the Brooklyn Nets at the famed Barclay’s center was an amazing experience.
91. GO APPLE PICKING. I never knew how delicious fresh-picked apples were until I did this with my boyfriend in Buffalo.
With the New Year basically here, I think it’s important to keep updating and making new goals as you live your life. I am always determined to live my life to the fullest and with a fresh start ahead, I’m more excited to create a life I’m happy with.