I am a huge believer in New Years resolutions. I love having a blank canvas and a feeling of a new beginning. I know it’s hard to keep track of your resolutions, but I make sure I check in weekly or at least monthly by keeping them in a note on my phone as well as posting them somewhere where I can see them easily and daily. Learning from experience, big goals take small planning meaning I have a main goal and then check in weekly to make sure I am making progress little by little. My resolutions from this year are actually continued from last year, but hopefully this year, I will reach more success.
1. I want to lose weight. Okay…sure everyone always wants to lose weight in the new year, but the stress from this year caused me to gain an unhealthy amount of weight that has been weighing down on me physically and emotionally. Sure, I want to look good, but my main goal is to live a healthier lifestyle because you only have one body and one life and it’s important to take care of it.
2. I want to have a more positive mindset. Coming off of the idea of living a healthier lifestyle, I realized that I need to maintain a more positive outlook on life. I am a smiley and overall happy person, but when I get down, it is so hard for me to get up. A healthy body includes your mind which I want to take care of.
3. I want to work on my faith. This one is more personal, but my religion was always an important part of my life and I don’t want to ignore that part of my life anymore.
1. I want to work hard to have a legitimate life plan by the end of the year. I am graduating this year and I do not want to stress about post-grad life anymore than I need to…
2. I want to travel more! The past few years, I did not put much value to traveling, but after going to Mexico and even other new cities in the United States, I realized that there is so much to see even it’s a city away.
1. I want to create a signature aesthetic for my style. I have been lazier this past year in terms of putting an effort into how I look, but style was always a way to express myself and dressing nice makes me happy!
2. I want to play with my hair more. I have a total of three hairstyles: down and scrunched, ponytail, and topknot. I just recently learned how to french braid my own hair, but I want to work on honing my curling and straightening iron skills.
3. I want to be braver. This is included in my more positive mindset goal, but I want to stop being so scared to face my fears, opponents, problems and mistakes.
(Confession: I just typed 2014…where is the time going)