Do you ever go through spurts of time where you just splurge in one area of your life? Right now, I’m in a major beauty mood (as you can see from my planner cover). I’m pretty much a creature of habit, but trying out new beauty products gets me super excited and I have been so pleased with these new products that I’ve been trying out.
- Everyone and their moms have been talking about the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector and this pressed compact from the Jaclyn Hill collaboration in Champagne Pop really deserves all the praise. It is the prettiest golden highlighter and it really lasts all day. One con is that I feel that mine has a lot of fallout when I’m applying, but the result is truly worth it.
- I stopped by MAC recently in attempts to find a new easy base that would work from my dryer skin and the makeup artist suggested this MAC Lightful C Tinted Cream and I was really surprised at how much I liked it. It has really great coverage, but doesn’t feel too cakey. I set it with my MAC Mineral Skinfinish Natural and it lasts almost all day.
- My current new favorite beauty product is this MAC Mineralize Charged Water hands down. I’ve never tried the MAC Fix Plus, but I am 100% so in love with this I don’t think I ever will need to try any other face mist. I use this to set my makeup and it is so refreshing and clean-smelling that sometimes I just spray this on after I put on moisturizer and it makes my face literally radiant. Fun fact: my boyfriend also enjoys how this feels on his face ?
- I don’t usually try out new nail brands, but I decided to try the Formula X range at Sephora because I fell in love with this color. I actually have no idea who Makeup By Rose is, but I like her taste in nail colors! I also really like the packaging of this product which, I must admit, plays a big part in my polish purchases.
- I have a love-hate relationship towards YSL lipsticks because they are so stunningly beautiful, but they dried out my lips so much. I think this new Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-In-Stick Lipstick is new, but as the name suggests this one is much more hydrating and does not sacrifice color or pretty packaging. It’s a splurge for a tube of lipstick, but it does feel and look luxurious enough to justify the price for me.
- If you haven’t stopped by MAC to join their Select membership program, go now! I forgot I joined a year ago and to celebrate the anniversary, I was able to pick up a single $16 eyeshadow for free! There was a selected few that you can choose from and I went with a cult classic, Naked Lunch. Love the minimal, shimmery pink color for an everyday eyelid base!
- Out of all makeup products, lipsticks are my favorite. I decided to try out this Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick and was really impressed with the smooth formula and lasting color. Mine is in the color Sweet Cream (although it is a bit brighter for a color described as “muted peach”).
- I am actually pretty blessed to have fuller eyebrows; I’ve never had to worry about drawing in many hairs although I do need to visit my threading salon more often. I had been on the hunt for a new eyebrow product that would help make them look clean and even and decided to finally try out another hyped product, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. Previously, I was using eyebrow pencils from the drugstore and after upgrading, I really understood why everyone talks about this! The super thin pencil makes the most natural looking strokes and even the spoolie on the other end works perfectly to blend everything in. Definitely a new holy grail product for me!
Let me know if you have tried any of these products out and what you thought and also let me know if you have any other beauty recommendations!